• Modification
  • After the entry of a final judgement and decree for divorce, final order for custody, or a final order for child support, what do you do if something changes? You have options. A final judgment for either child support or child custody maybe modified under certain circumstances.
  • Child Support
  • If your financial situation has changed or the other parent's financial situation is different, you may be able to ask for either an increase or a decrease in the child support obligation. If the expenses for your child have changed since the entry of the order, that may also provide a ground for a modification. However, with Georgia's child support guidelines, you want to weigh all options before filing an action for modification of child support. Miriam Arnold-Johnson, PC handles modification of child support actions often. We take a very practical approach looking at the cost and the benefits to filing the action before doing so. If you have experienced some changes financially since the entry of the order, grab your final order and financials and give us a call today!
  • Child Custody
  • If you are considering modifying custody, there are many factors that you need to know. We understand that custody of your child, both for the decisions that are made as well as where the child lives are incredibly important. What may have been in the child's best interest at the time of the order, may not always be what is best for the child presently. Miriam has spent years in this line of work and advises client's with honesty. Allow her experience to work for you. If you believe a change is necessary, please get your final parenting plan and allow Miriam to consult with you today!
  • Contempt
  • When the Court enters an order regarding children, the Court expects both parties to abide by the order. If you have a parent who is not abiding by the Court order, you have the option to file an action for contempt. The person who has violated the order can be jailed, obligated to do what the original order stated and sometimes even have to pay your attorney's fees. If you need assistance with enforcing a court order we would be glad to help.

Enter your keyword